Friday, August 12, 2005

One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish

A few nights ago I got to see a DVD version of Constatine and I was really impressed. Despite my unremitted hatred for Keanu Reaves' acting, I thought he did an okay job in the film. I typically enjoy movies that capture that "world of darkness" style, and no matter what you may have thought about the plot or the characters, you cannot deny that the editing and camera shots throughout were amazing. The idea of Angels and Devils competing for the souls of the living is an intriquing plot, one that I enjoy, but I think it is often poorly executed in cinema. I would recommend the movie, if for nothing else, but to see the amazing job they did with Satan at the end. Watching Constatine reminded me that Nightwatch is coming out, something I have high hopes for, see for yourself.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to say this but: au contraire, mein frieund. Hated Constantie. Worst comic book movie I've seen (Hellboy prolly the best). They messed up Constantine himself, which was a given. But what really TO'd me was the portrayal of the Devil. In the books, he's not "evil." he's just an incredibly knowledgable guy with a different view on morality and he's not really hostile. He won't be taken advantage of, but he's not aggresive. Like a hardcore Democrat in a room full of likewise Republicans. One the most unqie chances for Hollywood and they
blow it.
Glad you liked it, though.

Fenton

August 12, 2005 at 7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home