Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Approaching Perihelion

That was the title of a post I had written over a week ago, however, Blogger decided to fuck with me and delete the damn thing mid-posting process, and I havne't had solid internet access since. Yes, I am in school again, just in case one your missed that, and yes it is awesome. I love my new dorm and and my new room. It's so much bigger than my old closet of a room, and although I am waging a constant war of cleanliness against the encroaching hordes of Adnan-crap (my roommate) It's much nicer than my shithole last year.

Small things: Adnan and I picked out an awesome 20" flatscreen Emerson television that kicks major ass; as such Jon and I have been playing tons of the PS2 game, Samurai Warriors. This is the next logical extension of the Dynasty Warriors series, so if you liked that game, you'll love Samurai Warriors. It's like Diablo II, but with less RPGness and more action with combo moves and such. Plus, it's set in one of Japan's most interesting periods: the unification of Japan under Nobanaga Oda and the Tokugawa revolution.

Also, Nikolai, a friend of mine, has been going Viking crazy this last week. Everyone knows that he's a big fan of the lovable northern barbarians, and this is evidenced by the Viking fever we've launched into a bit. One, I've been listening to a Swedish death-metal band called "Finntroll" which specializes in hard metal that has songs about Viking pantheons and such. If you want to get a good example of their music, trying locating the song "Trollhammaren." Also, we've been playing the old UT engine-based game "Rune" deathmatch like crazy the last few days. It's very akin to Jedi Knight 2 deathmatch, which was also quite fun. Finally, Nikolai modified the White Wolf system for a Viking roleplaying game, which we have had one session of; it's pretty rough and could use some more work, but it's a lot cooler than I expected it to be. If we continue in our current game, I plan to gather a group of warriors and unify as many of the Swedes under my flag and go conquer Norway or something. Maybe Kiev...

Lastly, school is great. I just can't say that enough. By far, my coolest class so far is Middle East in Modern Times. Right now, I'm getting sort of a crash course in Islam before we start laying into the foundation of the various conflicts that are raging in that region right now. It's really, really cool. Reading my textbook, I can see how much Islam has been changed and crapified already. I look forward to learning more...

Oh, and Brad, just to irk you, Islam was Christianity. It's the same religion, except they incorporated the customs of the old Arabic animistic religion to make the assimilation easier. So they're basically the same religion.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To continue irking:
Christianity, then, can be seen as an amalgamation of Eygptian and Babylonian myths/religion, with a few original ideas sprinkled around.

jfento

August 31, 2004 at 8:51 PM  
Blogger Minerva's priest said...

Hey! I chanced upon your blog (don't ask me how) and dude you rock. I read one of your blogs, then another and then one more and then I scrawled down to catch intelligible glimpses in my peripheral view. Just awesome, keep writing, you have a gift.

Cheers
Nitish

August 31, 2004 at 9:12 PM  
Blogger 111 said...

I just hate how we pick and choose which books and which people are real saviors or not.

September 1, 2004 at 7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Imagine Thousands Of Links Back To Your Web Site From Other People's Blogs!

October 28, 2005 at 9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

to all of the major RSS feed directories on the Internet.

November 7, 2005 at 9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unbelievable! Thanks.
Was searching for best traffic.
http://www.1st-choice-4-website-traffic.com
best traffic

February 28, 2006 at 12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home