Monday, April 19, 2004

Go banana!

So, I saw a bootlegged copy of "Hero" (Chinese version with English subtitles) and it was fucking awesome. I never actually saw "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" because I was told it involved a good deal of romance- which everyone knows Charles does not care for in his movies- but others told me that the fighting was very reminicent of that Chinese style of filming where the fighters fly around at each other. Quite frankly, I really enjoyed it, the artistry, the history, the dignity of the characters, and the tragedy of the love between Broken Sword and Flying Snow was awesome. Personally, my favorite fighter was Sky because he used a spear. I hear that it's coming out in the US, and I encourage everyone to catch it if they can.

Right now, my life is balancing on the precipice of oppurtunity, but too much effort in either direction will send me careening. I'm really looking forward to three months off from school...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home