Friday, April 09, 2004

Let's fighting love

If you understand the title, then all I have to say is "protect my balls"

I got sick. Really, really sick. Norwalk virus, which has been ravaging the Lewis and Clark population, hit me really hard at about 3:45 AM. I vomited about six times in three or four hours, to the point where I puked blood up all over the place. It was really gross. Fortunately, my Residence Assistant shoved me into a Taxicab and sent me to the OHSU emergancy ward. I spent about five hours there while they used an IV to put two liters of water right into my bloodstream. It felt really weird, because the water comes in at room temperature.

I would like to point out that the emergancy ward of a hospital is really frightening. I spent almost the whole time in a darkened room behind a curtain, but I could hear all the people talking and crying and rushing around. It's really disturbing to hear someone say, "Sir, I need you to stay here. If you don't get immediate attention, I don't think you'll survive two steps out of that door." And then to hear the old guy actually leave after the nurses pleaded with him to stay. I don't know what happened to him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home