Wednesday, September 28, 2005

A Pox Upon Me

To my great joy, I have been afflicted with some sort of hideous disease, the likes of which has not been seen in the world since the Black Plague escaped the dark continent and devoured the villages and homes of our forefathers. You know what I think had something to do with this was that Coloubos monkey from Africa that bit me, I knew that would come back to haunt me. Suffice it to say, I have been suffering general "cold" symptoms for a week and a half now, but at least my four days of feverish delirium are over. After solitary confinement to my bed and computer for so long, with limited food, water, and social contact, I literally stumbled out of my Residence Hall seeking morbid companionship late friday night. However, all of my friends ABANDONED me for "real life" such as going downtown or somesuch. Fortunately, by the end of the evening, I managed to find Adnan and Brendon, who I can always count on to be invariably be there, playing video games or watching movies. Now I merely roam the campus reminding the young, happy, carefree students of the cruelty of fate as my body has been transformed into a grim spectre of death.

But enough about my fun times. Life goes on in the wide world, much as it always has. Since school started almost a month ago, I have been off-campus but once, and that was a brief visitation to that cold, unfeeling world brought on by Nastassja basically dragging me around Portland like some flimsy marionette (ie typical woman to man relationship). I hope to change that fact by making more excursions to the local theatre where I can enjoy upcoming "motion pictures" which are now in color, I am told. However, I still require money to exchange for goods and services, I'm working on that part of the equation, we'll see what happens. Other than that, I'm still a bore, a layabout with no job, no girlfriend, and I more or less attend class and do homework in some haphazard fashion; life couldn't really get any better, really.

Catch you all on the flipside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home